If you want to sell or buy a vehicle, then Autotrader online is your solution.
The company was founded in 1977 by John Madejski who brought back the idea from the USA. He opened the business together with Paul Gibbons.
With 15 million+ qualified buyers looking to purchase pre-owned vehicles every month, you would be hard-pressed to find a better selling platform.
What is Autotrader?
Autotrader online is a marketplace, featuring millions of vehicles for sale from both private owners and dealers.
Be it new, certified or used vehicles, certainly you will find what you are looking for on Autotrader.
The online company also offers visitors to its site a host of vehicle-related information such as insurance deals, comparison charts for financing, advice, and reviews.
How to sign in
- Visit https://www.autotrader.com
- A box will appear asking you to sign up.
- Click the signup window, enter your email address and confirm your email address by re-entering it. Do the same with your password.
- On the next line click the “Accept” box and then click Sign Up.
- You will receive a confirmation link via your email address.
- Click on the confirmation link.
- This will take you back to the AutoTrader website where you can view vehicles for sale or post a free ad (as illustrated in the first graphic above).
NOTE: If you do not see a confirmation link in your email inbox, it could be in your Spam folder. Gmail account holders could find it in deals, promotions, or another mailbox tab.
How to retrieve your AutoTrader online log in details
If you have forgotten your password, then simply log into the Autotrader website and request a new password which will be sent to your email address.
Why you should sign up with Autotrader
- You can access your account online and from your mobile device.
- Take a look at your recent viewings and receive suggestions related to your search.
- If you have questions you can contact Autotrader directly on 1-866-Autotrader (1-866-288-6872) weekdays from 8 am to 8 pm and Saturdays from 9 am to 7 pm ET.
- You can also direct questions via email.
- Signed-up users can receive alerts about price reductions or for special offers.
- You can also receive alerts when new cars match your criteria.
- Receive email and/or text alerts based on your My Autotrader settings.
Apart from the ease of access, importantly Autotrader offers users two very special sites on which to view antique, specialty and classic vehicles, as well as a site for vehicles and trucks under $10 000.
Autotrader can use the information you share on its website such as your name and address, Social Security number and credit information and email address.
It can also use the information you may share on social networks such as Twitter and Facebook.
It can also collect your IP address and information regarding the make of the mobile or handheld device you use.
What you get
It is FREE to join Autotrader online and benefits include:
- Receive alerts each time a new listing matches your search criteria
- The ability to save vehicles for later viewing
- Your account can be accessed online or via a mobile device
Autotrader is an American-based online motor vehicle company and is also available in Canada, throughout the United Kingdom, New Zealand, Australia and South Africa.
It offers a unique European buying experience in which clients fly to the country of choice, drive off in their new vehicle for a vacation, fly home and await delivery of their vehicle.
However, the drawback is that this process can take several months – from the date of placing the order to date of final delivery.
Mobile, android, iPhone and smartphones
- For mobiles visit autotrader.com
From this page you can use make and model, mileage and price to sort listings.
You can also view photographs of vehicles and details of listings close to your location.
- For iPhones visit the App Store℠ for a free download on i0S 4 models, iPhone 3G-4 or iPod touch devices.
- For androids go to Google Play and download the free app to access Autotrader. Devices must be 2.1 or up.
You will now be ready to use your devices to create and/or access your Autotrader account, find a deal to suit your needs and budget and to view vehicles available at convenient locations.
iPhone and Android apps allow you to locate dealers or vehicles close to your location via GPS and find what you are looking for by using a keyword search.
Security and privacy issues
Autotrader will not sell or share any information about its users except:
User information may be shared with corporate affiliates. To find out more go to http://www.coxautoinc.com/
For all your questions email AutoTrader at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cool stuff to do
Autotrader’s Classics website attracts a lot of attention. Here you can hone your knowledge and market-related prices for American classic cars, antique and specialty vehicles.
You can visit these sites on Autotrader’s drop-down menu or go to:
Autotrader’s coverage of the motor vehicle industry is all encompassing.
One of its coolest features is its service platform for sellers looking for private buyers.
Autotrader takes care of all the details!
From writing your ad to photographing the vehicle AND finding you qualified potential buyers.
If you want to buy a vehicle, Autotrader lists thousands of eager private sellers or dealers.
If you want to sell a vehicle to a dealer, ask Autotrader to present your offers from companies in your area.
You can then sell your vehicle directly to the dealer, either for its trade-in value or for cash.
How does Autotrader make money?
Autotrader is worth more than $89 million.
Dealers have to pay the company to advertise their vehicles.
Takeaways about Autotrader
Autotrader online has received many accolades over the years.
- The Most Useful Automotive Site in 2010, from J.D. Power and Associates
- The Information Week 500 Award in 2012
- and the Dealers’ Choice Diamond Awards for both New and Used Vehicle Internet Leads in 2013
Launched in 1997 and based in Atlanta, Georgia, Autotrader has also featured in Businessweek, The New York Times and on ABC News.
Cox Enterprises is the majority shareholder of Autotrader.com. Other investors are:
- Venture capitalists Kleiner, Perkins Caufield & Byers
- And Providence Equity Partners, a private equity company
Keep login details safe
Be aware that like many other sites, Autotrader online is also open to scams and fraudulent behavior. (Click on this link to find out more).
Should you be concerned about the safety of your login details, just remember to change your password on a regular basis.