When a son was born to Italian immigrants on the 6th May 1870, little did they know that he would become the founder of the Bank of America (BOA). They did not know that millions of people would one day use Bank of America login details to access their accounts.
Amadeo Pietro Giannini started his career in the wholesale produce industry but soon grew bored.
He grew increasingly frustrated with bank practices at that time, perceiving them to serve only the wealthy.
So, in October 1904, Amadeo Giannini founded the Bank of Italy in San Francisco to serve the hard-working immigrant community other banks ignored.
Giannini offered loans and savings accounts, basing his judgment on his clients’ characters and not on how much money they had accrued.
Within one year the Bank of Italy had deposits worth more than $700 000, a fortune in those days.
When an earthquake and fires razed most of San Francisco in 1906, Giannini managed to salvage the money in his bank and set up a temporary “office” – two barrels and a few planks served as his desk – and started lending money to people wanting to rebuild their homes.
He instilled confidence with his statement that San Francisco would rise from the ashes.
Breaking with the American tradition of independent local banks, Giannini expanded his services throughout California to immigrant communities.
By mid-1920, the Bank of Italy was the third largest in the USA.
By 1928 he had established the Transamerica Corporation, a giant holding company for all his banks.
In February 1930, the Bank of America was born.
What is the Bank of America?
Today the BOA is a multinational banking and financial services corporation with headquarters in Charlotte, North Carolina.
It ranks as the second largest bank in the United States regarding asset value. Millions of people now have Bank of America login details.
In 2016 the Forbes Magazine Global 2000 list named the BOA as the 11th largest company in the world.
By the end of 2016, it was managing $886.148 billion worth of assets and also in 2016 was ranked as America’s 26th largest revenue-earning company.
How to use your Bank of America Login Details
- Visit: https://www.bankofamerica.com/
- Scroll down to Popular Links and click on Open a New Account OR Open checking account
- Select the account you wish to open by clicking the Get Started button
- Follow the simple instructions and your account should be ready for use within 10 minutes
How to retrieve login details
- Copy the following link and paste it into your browser: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/login/reset/entry/forgotOIDScreen.go
- Now enter your complete card OR account number. You can use your ATM/Debit Card, Credit Card, or any one of your accounts
- Then enter your Social Security Number (SSN) or Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- Enter your passcode
- If you have forgotten your passcode, click on Forgot Online ID and Pass Code?
- You will receive an email to reset your information
Why you have to sign up so that you have Bank of America login credentials
Bank of America serves 47 million consumers and small businesses and has 4 700 retail financial centers and 16 000 ATMs.
It also has an award-winning online banking platform used by 32 million customers and 19 million mobile users.
Bank of America has also held its own in the financial industry with a broad range of financial services.
The bank’s innovative approach to marketing includes its “keep the change” program that enables customers to have the “change” from debit card transactions deposited into their savings account.
Your personal information could be used to:
- Respond to inquiries and requests
- Inform you about important information, products or services
- Send you marketing information tailored to your personal needs
- Allow you to apply for products or services and evaluate your eligibility
- Verify your identity and location to allow access to your accounts, conduct online transactions and to maintain measures aimed at preventing fraud and protecting the security of your account
What you get
Bank of America has succeeded in creating a “one-stop shop” for its customers.
Checking and savings accounts, investment portfolios and mortgages can all be managed with one Bank of America login ID.
So if you want to form a sound banking relationship with the convenience of one-stop-shopping, online accessibility and a broad range of products and services, then you should seriously consider the Bank of America.
The Bank of America operated in all 50 states of the United States, the District of Columbia and more than 40 other countries.
It has offices in more than 30 cities across Europe, the Middle East, and Africa.
It has Latin American offices in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Peru.
Mobile, Android, iPhone and smartphone
- Enter www.bankofamerica.com into your browser and, as demonstrated in the image above, scroll down to Get the Mobile Bank app where you use your Bank of America login details to enter the site.
- Click on that, and it will take you to the following page.
- Now, click Get the app and you will be taken to the next step.
- Select your device and then select the Go button.
- Once you have selected your device and pressed the Go button, the following screen will appear.
- For this example, we have selected an iPhone as our app. You can either select the Go button or the Get it on the app store, indicated with an arrow.
- You also have the option to enter your Phone Number and select Send. The BOA will then text you with a download link directly to your phone. If you choose this option, text message fees may apply.
If you don’t see an app for your device, you can still access the mobile website by typing www.bankofamerica.com into your mobile web browser.
You can download the free mobile banking app to:
- Manage your accounts 24/7
- Check account and credit balances
- Deposit checks from your mobile device
- Transfer cash between your accounts
- Get alerts to keep you abreast of your accounts
Security and privacy issues
- Use the Security Centre to select your level of security options
- You can find this under Profile & Settings on online or mobile banking
- You can change your ID, Pass Code
- Or you can set up optional security alerts
- Add additional security with a one-time authorization code that is sent either via text or email
Cool stuff to do
You can wire money to accounts in the United States and abroad with a few clicks of a button.
Simply enter the routeing information, follow the security checks and the transaction is complete.
How does the Bank of America make money?
In 2016 it was reported that the Bank of America had:
- Revenue = $83.701 billion
- Net Income = $17.906 billion
- Assets Under Management = $886.148 billion
- Total Assets = $2.187 trillion
- Total Equity = $266.84 billion
- Number of Employees = 208 000
Takeaways about the Bank of America
During his lifetime, founder Amadeo Giannini’s bank survived the Great Depression and provided funding for California’s flourishing movie industry and the Golden Gate Bridge.
Keep login details safe
- Never share your bank account ID or passcode with anyone else.
- Keep those details under lock and key.
- Change your passcode at least every 90 days.
- Should you forget your login details click on Forgot Online ID and Pass Code?
- You will receive an email to reset your information