Etsy is a “storefront” website where crafters, vintage item collectors and unique product manufacturers advertise and sell their wares. Tens of thousands of people use their Etsy login every day to buy and sell their wares.
With 54 million registered users, the Etsy shop connects eager sellers with close on 20 million active buyers.
How to sign into Etsy
- Visit the Etsy website by copying and pasting the following link into your browser:
- The Etsy homepage will now appear on your screen where you can use your Etsy login details.
- Tap the “Sign in” button at the top right-hand side of the page and have your Etsy login details handy.
- You are now given several options.
- You can sign in with Facebook or Google.
- Or you can enter your email address or username.
- Then tap the “Sign in” button.
How to retrieve your Etsy login details
- Below the “Sign in” button you are also given other options.
- “Forgot your password?”
- “Forgot your username or email?”
- “Reopen your account”.
- Tap whichever is relevant.
How to sign up for Etsy
- Visit the homepage, as shown in the first illustration.
Tap the “Register” button, shown with the red arrow
Enter your first and last names.
Enter your correct email address.
Create and enter a password.
Confirm your password by re-entering it for the second time.
Enter a username.
Tap the “Register” key.
Why you have to sign up to Etsy
- Etsy offers you a world of shopping at your fingertips.
- At the top of the homepage you will see eight categories:
- Clothing and Accessories
- Craft Supplies and Tools
- Home and Living
- Kids and Baby
Tap whichever category you are interested in.
For this example, we selected Vintage Wedding Gowns.
- A drop-down menu on the left-hand side of the page allows you to filter your search.
- You can customize your search by entering a location.
- Select whether you want to view all items in your specified category, or you can select the Handmade or Vintage options.
- You can also select your price range.
- Also on the sidebar, there is a “Ship to” drop-down menu where you can enter the country to which you want the item sent.
To that end, Etsy provides users with settings that allow you to select how Etsy uses certain information.
What you get from Etsy
- Etsy’s user-friendly website allows you to find the items you are looking for that could be difficult to source elsewhere.
- Etsy’s easy-to-use platform allows you to streamline your search both by category and price.
- You can select your own processing times when placing an order.
- This can range from 1 – 10 weeks, or 1 – 10 business days.
Etsy is a global platform, for both buyers and sellers, and is available throughout the United States and United Kingdom, Europe, Australia and New Zealand, Canada, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, South America, China, Russia and Japan.
Mobile, Android, iPhone and smartphone
The bulk of traffic to Etsy is via mobile devices.
- Copy and paste the following link into your browser:
- Etsy offers two mobile app downloads – one for shopping, and the other for selling.
- If you select the Seller App the following page will appear.
- You can select the iOS or Android App either from the App Store or Google Play.
- These apps notify sellers when a buyer makes a purchase and allows “shop” owners to view their stats, add listings and process orders.
- If you select the Shopper App the following page will appear.
- As with the Seller App, the Shopper App allows you to select the iOS or Android App either from the App Store or Google Play.
Security and Privacy Issues
To protect your personal information, Etsy encrypts information, such as your credit card details, using secure socket layer (SSL) technology.
Cool stuff to do on Etsy
If you wanna be cool, visit the Etsy shop by copying and pasting the following link into your browser:
- Hundreds of cool items will appear such as the “Stoner Coloring Book for Adults” or the “Brunette” Mac sticker for your laptop.
- Etsy is definitely the “go-to” website for people with eclectic tastes.
How does Etsy make money?
- Etsy makes money when its sellers make money.
- Etsy charges a listing fee of 0.20cUS for every item advertised for sale and a further 3.5% fee for completed sales.
- Additional revenue is earned from seller services and advertisements.
- It has an annual turnover of in excess of $47 million.
Takeaways about Etsy
- Etsy was founded in 2005 and has an employee base of 1043 people.
- It has 45 million items for sale.
- It has 1.7 million listed sellers and 28.6 million active buyers.
- With headquarters in Brooklyn New York, Etsy also has offices in Germany, Ireland, the UK, Australia, France, Japan and Canada.
Keep you Etsy login details safe
Your password protects your account information, and for that reason, it is of the utmost importance that you select your password carefully to safeguard against unauthorised access.
Do not forget to sign out of your Etsy account after completing your transactions.
Remember, NO internet transmissions are 100% safe, so while Etsy endeavours to protect personal information, there can never be total security guarantees.
Etsy does, however, offer its members optional and advanced security settings, such as its two-factor authentication mode. These options can be enabled under your account settings and are highly recommended.
Should you have any further questions about safeguarding your Etsy login details or personal information, visit Etsy at: email@example.com