Since its launch in 2010, Snapdeal has become to India what Amazon is to America. Anyone in India who buys online is signed up and have Snapdeal login details.
In the few years since its inception, Snapdeal has evolved into a massive online shopping mecca offering more than 65 million items and reaching 6 000 cities and towns across the length and breadth of India. No wonder people in India cherish their Snapdeal login codes.
From clothing to electronics, ordering food or booking a cab, Snapdeal’s versatility is endless.
What is Snapdeal?
Based in New Delhi, Snapdeal was launched in 2010 as a “daily deals” platform and became a fully-fledged online marketplace by September 2011.
Today it has established itself as one of the largest online marketplaces in India, with millions of products across a wide range of diverse categories and millions of customers with Snapdeal login credentials.
How to sign in
To sign into Snapdeal once you have your Snapdeal login in front of you, follow the steps below:
- Visit www.snapdeal.com
- The Sign In button is situated at the top right-hand side of the page. Click that.
- A new window will now open. Click on the register button to create a new account. Now a register page will appear. Enter your mobile phone number and click the continue button. You can also sign up with your Facebook or Google+ account.
- A new window will appear, asking you to fill in your email address and password. You will have to confirm your password by entering it a second time. Click the Continue button.
How to retrieve your Snapdeal login details
- Copy the following link and paste it into your browser:
- Enter a new Snapdeal login password.
- Re-enter your password.
- Remember your password must be a minimum of six characters, including at least one numeric and one alphabet character.
- Click the Sumit button.
- Snapdeal will email you with a verification link.
- Click that and you are set to go.
Why you have to sign up
Whether you are buying or selling, Snapdeal has the platform to help you conclude a successful deal.
If you want to use the platform to sell your product(s), Snapdeal lists 10 good reasons why using them as your show window instead of a brick and mortar store is simpler.
- No money spent to set up a shop
- Wider customer reach
- Your store is open 24/7
- Expert assistance
- Visual merchandising
- Free training and support
- No marketing overheads
Listing a product on Snapdeal is free of charge. You will pay Snapdeal a commission that you will agree to at the time of registration.
Whether you are a buyer or a seller, Snapdeal’s range of products is limitless.
As with most other websites, Snapdeal retains the right to store personal information you share on the site. This includes your email address, mobile number, and location.
The company uses this information to improve its customer service.
What you get
Categories of goods available on Snapdeal are: Baby Products, Beauty, Books, Electronics (including Cameras, Video Games and Consoles), Digital Accessories (including Mobile, Electronic and PC Accessories), Home, Jewellery, Kitchen, Luggage, Mobile Phones, Movies, Music, Personal Care Appliances, Personal Computers, Tablets, Toys, Watches, Furniture and Home Furnishings, Stationery, Clothing and Accessories for Men and Women, including (Footwear, Bags, Sunglasses, Perfumes), Health and Sport Accessories (Nutrition, Exercise machines, Treadmills, sporting equipment), Automotive.
Snapdeal operates only in India.
With headquarters in New Delhi, its web platform reaches 6 000 cities and towns throughout the country.
Mobile, android, iPhone and smartphone
Snapdeal is available for all mobile devices.
Sign into Snapdeal by pasting the following link into your browser: https://www.snapdeal.com
Click on the Download App button at the top right-hand corner of the screen.
The following page will appear.
Now you can either Scan the QR code to download the app onto your mobile device, ot you can get a link on your mobile by entering your number and clicking the Send SMS request button.
Security and privacy issues
Snapdeal stores personal information you share on its site, but only uses those details to keep you informed of special offers and deals and to personalize your shopping experience.
If, however, you believe your account has been compromised in any way, go to https://www.snapdeal.com/helpcenter
Cool stuff to do
You can make money with Snap by becoming an affiliate. It’s FREE to join.
Advertise Snapdeal products and earn up to 15% commission for every sale.
Follow these simple steps to become an affiliate and start earning:
- Paste the following link into your browser: https://affiliate.snapdeal.com/
- Sign up by clicking the ‘Join now’ link.
- Select any product or page URL from the website and add the following tracking parameters: ?utm_source=aff_prog&utm_campaign=afts&offer_id=17&aff_id=<Your_Affiliate_ID>
- Use this link to advertise and refer traffic to Snapdeal. When a user makes a purchase through this link you will be paid.
Another cool feature of the Snapdeal site is the frequent release of discount coupons which can be used by online shoppers in India, saving them money on both luxury and budget brands.
How does Snapdeal make money?
Snapdeal has received $1.62 billion in funding from a variety of investors since its inception.
It earns between 5% and 30% commission for every item sold on its platform.
The Gross Merchandise Value of its sales is estimated at between $3 – 5 billion.
Snapdeal earns advertising revenue for placing advertisements on its site.
Takeaways about Snapdeal
Snapdeal is among the top 10 most visited websites in India.
On May 10, 2017, the Times of India reported that Japanese internet and telecom conglomerate, SoftBank Corp, is pushing for a merger between Snapdeal and its rival Flipkart.
Although there have been no new developments, a merger would be the biggest mergers and acquisitions deals in the Indian e-commerce sector.
Keep login details safe
Always keep a note of your login details in a safe place.
Changing your password on a regular basis also improves your safety measures.
Visit https://www.snapdeal.com/helpcenter if you need help in this regard.