TripAdvisor Inc has earned its reputation as a leading armchair travel website. Certainly, every serious traveller has a Trip Advisor login to read and write reviews.
Launched in February 2000, now TripAdvisor features reviews and travel-related articles submitted by subscribers to the website.
Significantly its user-generated content has attracted millions of avid travellers who read and share their opinions of all things travel-related.
What is TravelAdvisor?
With headquarters in Needham, Massachusetts, TripAdvisor was founded by CEO Stephen Kaufer and lays claim to being the largest travel site worldwide.
It is a FREE service and offers more than 465 million opinions and reviews of hotels, restaurants and other travel attractions.
Registering for a Trip Advisor login account enables you to:
- Post travel reviews
- Take part in discussion forums
- Send TripAdvisor content to other people via email
- Access members-only travel-planning content and newsletters
- Take part in surveys, sweepstakes and contests
How to sign into TripAdvisor
- Visit the website by typing the address into your browser https://www.tripadvisor
- The following page will appear on your screen
- You will find the Log In button on the top right-hand side of the screen
- This will take you to the following page
- Enter your email address
- Enter your Password
- Press the Log In button
- If you have forgotten your password, press the “Forgot password?” button
- You can also continue to log in either via Facebook or Google
How to retrieve your Trip Advisor login details
Simply follow the instructions for Steps 1 and 2 as shown above.
Why you have to sign up to TripAdvisor
Apart from searching for your perfect holiday destination, in addition TripAdvisor has endless information regarding hotels, self-catering accommodation and B&B’s, together with costs and a booking platform.
For leisure industry owners, TripAdvisor offers them a FREE platform on which to advertise their businesses.
How to register your business on TripAdvisor
- Copy and paste the following link into your browser https://www.tripadvisor.com
- You will be taken to the page seen below
- You can either JOIN by pressing the link at the top on the right-hand side of the page
- The following page will pop up
- Now enter your email address
- Create and enter a Password
- Press the Log in button
- You can also join via Facebook or Google
- If you press the Business not listed? Get listed now button (as seen on the business home page), you can then peruse all relevant information relating to your leisure industry business
Why you have to sign up to TripAdvisor
Importantly, by using the TripAdvisor platform, business owners can:
- Reach millions of customers
- Appear on top web travel sites on the web
Travellers, on the other hand, can:
- Search for accommodation with full descriptions and photographs, as well as costs, at their fingertips
- Also they can do their holiday and or business bookings online via TripAdvisor’s user-friendly platform
To enable TripAdvisor to provide relevant content and information, the company collects information from users’ travel-related searches and other activities on the site.
TripAdvisor shares personal information, such as email addresses, with affiliated third parties to send advertisements matching user interests.
TripAdvisor may also share personal information with its business partners, affiliated websites and other companies within the TripAdvisor stable.
What you get from TripAdvisor
- Places to stay
TripAdvisor’s sophisticated search platform attracts more than 60 million travel enthusiasts every month.
It lists a large variety of accommodation, including self-catering, hotels, B&B’s, lodges, private holiday homes, villas and apartments.
- Places to go
TripAdvisor lists holiday attractions throughout the world.
It also lists equipment hiring services such as surfboard, bicycles and scooters.
Tour companies offering day trips to places of interest at any particular destination are also featured.
- Places to eat
Restaurant guides feature prominently on the TripAdvisor website and, as these are generally posted by fellow travellers, offer an unbiased insight into the local culinary offering of various holiday destinations.
TripAdvisor is available internationally, including America, Austria, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Serbia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Turkey and the United Kingdom.
Mobile, android, iPhone and smartphone
TripAdvisor’s mobile apps are free and easy to install and use.
- To download the apps copy and paste this link into your browser: https://www.tripadvisor
- The page below will appear
- In the top-centre of the screen, you will see a “More” button indicated with an arrow
- Press that and a download menu will appear
- Open the Apps option (circled) by pressing the button
- The following page will now appear
You now have a choice of selecting the app to match your device.
- TripAdvisor for Mobile
Press “Select a platform” and a pop-up menu gives you the following options:
- Apple iPhone/iPad
- Android Phone
- Windows Phone
Make your choice and press the “GO” button
- TripAdvisor for Tablet
Press “Select a platform” and then a pop-up menu gives you the following options:
- Apple iPad
- Android Tablet
- Windows 8.1
This platform gives access to seat maps, flight searches and flight status updates.
You can download this app onto:
- Apple iPhone / iPad
- Android Phone
On this platform you can also:
- Filter by device as illustrated on the left-hand side of the upper-page
- Find hotels, restaurants and things to do by
- Entering your chosen destinations and
- Pressing the “Search” button
Security and privacy issues
Trust forms an integral part of sharing information online.
TripAdvisor prioritises both your security and confidentiality, however the onus remains on you, as a user of this platform, to familiarise yourself with the company’s privacy practices policy available on the www.tripadvisor.com website.
Cool stuff to do with your Trip Advisor login privileges
TripAdvisor is an all-encompassing armchair travel online platform from which you can:
- Browse millions of reviews and opinions, videos and candid photos
- Find hotels of your choice
- Find restaurants by food and price range of your choice
- Discover cool things to do at your destination
- Compare airfares and find discounts
- Visit the travel forums for answers to your questions
- Submit your own reviews and photos to the site
- Download maps and reviews from over 300 cities worldwide
How does TripAdvisor make money?
TripAdvisor was founded in February 2000, and in 2004 was purchased by IAC/InterActiveCorp, a pioneer in internet-related businesses.
The company’s market capitalization was worth $4 billion by February 2017.
Income is generated from advertising sales and subscriptions paid to TripAdvisor by leisure industry business owners.
Takeaways about TripAdvisor
- TripAdvisor has 390 million unique visitors
- It sends 80 million emails every week
- There are 453 million reviews and opinions posted on the website
- TripAdvisor lists 6.8 million restaurants, attractions and places to stay
- It covers 136 000 destinations
Keep Trip Advisor login details safe
There are no real threats posed on the TripAdvisor platform. However, you should ensure that you keep your Trip Advisor login details safe from prying eyes, particularly when booking flights, hotels and excursions on the website.